Our Law Enforcement Team:
Our Legal McBeagle on the left throws the book at trolls
on the right, Arf Field puts teeth into his patroll duties.
Good Readers (99%) Already Know All This
= Intellectual Property: Copyright Registered =
Free ARCs to Read for Fair and Honest Review
Heed This: Many Years' Experience Dealing with Copyright Theft
Read Free but Be Aware. Galley City reads are free but please be aware of legal restrictions on using someone else's intellectual, personal property.
Play Fair. These books (galleys, ARCs) are meant to be downloaded and read for free in exchange for a fair and honest review by a responsible reader who actually reads the book. You are welcome to post a review online at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, or other online retailers; or send your review or comments to the editors at Clocktower Books. Thank you for being a nice person.
Official Information on Statutory Penalties (U.S. and Global).
U.S. Copyright Office (Library of Congress)
Official U.S. Copyright Law
504. Remedies for infringement: Damages and Profits
Global Berne Convention. NOTE: Copyright Law in the United States applies globally around the world under the Berne Convention.
Copyright Is Serious Business. All text and graphics offered here are registered copyright with the U.S. Library of Congress Copyright Office. Statutory penalties for theft of intellectual property are severe, and multiply per each offense. You are free to download the available file and read it under the Basic Conditions at right. You are free to pass it to your friends under the Basic Conditions. The Basic Conditions are listed on this page.
1. You may download and read a file offered as a free reading and review copy on this site; in keeping with any and all restrictions set forth in these Basic Conditions.
2. You may share that file with your friends for free reading; in keeping with any and all restrictions set forth in these Basic Conditions.
3. You may not offer the file for resale nor collect any profit for it under your name or the author's name, under its legal and lawful title or any other title whether lawfully created or not; in keeping with any and all restrictions set forth in these Basic Conditions.
4. You may not distribute the file for free or for profit under any conditions whatsoever; in keeping with any and all restrictions set forth in these Basic Conditions.
3. Under no condition, ever, may you alter any words in the text, nor may you alter the title or author name; in keeping with any and all restrictions set forth in these Basic Conditions.
4. You may not pose or represent yourself as the author or creator of this property, which does not belong to you; in keeping with any and all restrictions set forth in these Basic Conditions.
5. You may not post the file on your site or a site or in any other medium or media without express written permission from Clocktower Books and/or the author/owner of the intellectual property, and only that following a prior written request from you (by name, address, phone number, organization, and title) in tangible form (written, signed, on letterhead paper, from an identifiable company or organization); in keeping with any and all restrictions set forth in these Basic Conditions.
6. All other reasonable and/or lawful restrictions not mentioned in the previous five points shall apply unconditionally; in addition to any and all restrictions set forth in these Basic Conditions.